1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
1 cup of finely chopped onion
1 cup of diced bell peppers (choose from red, green, or a mix)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes, with their juices
1 can (14.5 ounces) of tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 ounces) of either beef or vegetable broth
1 cup of pre-cooked white rice
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese for a delightful garnish (optional)
Freshly chopped parsley for an elegant garnish (optional)
- Sear the Meat: In a generously sized soup pot or Dutch oven, expertly sear the ground beef or ground turkey over a medium flame. Break it into delectable crumbles as it sizzles to perfection. Once it acquires a sumptuous golden hue, expertly drain away any superfluous fat.
- Introduce Onions, Peppers, and Garlic: Grace the pot with the addition of finely chopped onions and diced bell peppers, letting them partake in this culinary symphony. Allow their vibrant flavors to harmonize for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables tenderly yield to the heat. Stir in the minced garlic, allowing it to release its fragrant essence for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Embrace Tomatoes and Sauce: Elegantly pour forth the diced tomatoes, embracing their natural juices, and accompany them with the rich tomato sauce. Merge these elements into a delightful chorus of flavors.
- Bestow the Broth: With an air of sophistication, endow the pot with either beef or vegetable broth, ensuring a thorough amalgamation of ingredients.
- Season and Unite: Sprinkle the symphony with the Italian seasoning, and, with a measured touch, bestow the gift of salt and pepper to achieve a harmonious balance of flavors. Meticulously stir all constituents together, cultivating a tantalizing crescendo of taste. Watch as the soup gracefully ascends to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer and Mature: Once the soup achieves its simmering zenith, gently lower the flame to a tranquil murmur. Clothe the pot in a lid, allowing it to simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the peppers gracefully surrender their crispness and tenderly embrace the ensemble of flavors.
- Marry the Cooked Rice: With finesse, introduce the pre-cooked white rice to the broth. Let it embrace the warmth of the soup for an additional 5-10 minutes, ensuring a harmonious union of flavors.
- Present and Delight: Gracefully ladle this symphonic creation into individual bowls, anointing each with a choice of shredded cheese and freshly chopped parsley, if you so desire.
- Savor the Elegance: Serve your masterpiece, Stuffed Pepper Soup, steaming hot, and luxuriate in the exquisite blend of comforting flavors.
In this robust and flavorful creation, you shall discover all the delectable essence of stuffed peppers, elegantly captured in a one-pot masterpiece.