Meatballs are a classic and versatile dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Whether you’re serving them as a main dish , as an appetizer , or in a hearty sauce, meatballs are always a crowd-pleaser.
Ingredients for Meatballs
The ingredients typically used in meatballs include ground beef or pork, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, eggs, minced garlic , and herbs. The mixture is then formed into balls and can be baked, fried, or simmered in a sauce .
Serving and Enjoying Meatballs
Meatballs can be served in a variety of ways , including on their own as a main dish, in a hearty tomato sauce over pasta, or as an appetizer with toothpicks and a dipping sauce. Whether you’re feeding a crowd or simply looking for a quick and easy dinner, meatballs are always a satisfying option. Give them a try, and experience their classic and delicious flavor!
- 1.5 pounds of lean beef
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley or 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 2 (24-ounce) jars of marinara sauce
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a large baking sheet .
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ingredients for the meatballs: the lean beef, grated parmesan cheese, lightly beaten egg, Italian-style breadcrumbs, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, milk, dried oregano, and parsley. Mix well and form into medium-sized balls.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes .
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish, increase the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) , and pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil , sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning on top of the meatballs and sauce. Return the dish to the oven and bake , uncovered, until the cheese has melted. Serve hot.