Introduction: Cooking a perfect steak is an art that requires patience and attention to detail. With the right ingredients and methods, you can create a delicious and tender steak that will impress your guests. In this recipe, we will guide you through the steps to cook a double rib Swiss steak to perfection.
- 2 double rib Swiss steaks, approximately 6 cm thick
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 60 grams of butter
- Ground pepper
- Take the double rib steaks out of the refrigerator an hour before preparing them. This will help them to cook evenly.
- If you are using a meat thermometer, insert it into the center of the meat. If you like a rare rib steak, set the thermometer to a core temperature of 55°C.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and heat it over high heat. When the oil becomes liquid like water, it is hot enough to put your rib eye steaks in.
- Grill the steaks on each side for about a minute. Never prick the meat with a fork to turn it over as it will lose its juice unnecessarily.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add butter and rosemary. Cook the steak for another 8 to 10 minutes, turning it over from time to time.
- To check for the desired level of doneness, place your middle finger on your thumb and press down on the area under your thumb. If your Entrecôte has the same resistance, it’s quite rare (use your ring finger for medium doneness and your little finger for well done). If you are using a thermometer, remove the meat from the pan when the temperature reaches 55°C.
- When the desired level of doneness is reached, immediately remove the steak from the skillet. Cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 2 minutes so the cooking juices are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Finally, salt and pepper the rib-eye steak and cut it perpendicular to the fibers. Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and perfectly cooked steak!
Conclusion: With this recipe, you can cook a delicious and tender double rib Swiss steak that will leave your guests impressed. By following these simple steps, you can create a steak that is cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. So, fire up the stove, get your ingredients ready, and let’s get cooking!